Friday, September 01, 2006

Greve in Chianti








John and I rented a car so we could get out of Florence and explore the Tuscan countryside. I am so glad we did this because we got to travel the back country roads, most tourists and students never get to see. To drive in Italy is a whole different experience..we rented some little zippy thing and I loved driving it! There is only one hard and fast rule while driving in Italy, move or get run over! John really liked my driving, except I made him a little nervous going backwards down the hillside through the vineyards. I couldn't get the clutch to engage, and we were on a steep hill, starting to drift backwards through the vines. There was only one way out of the vineyards, the same way we drifted backwards and downhill. I told him that not many people get to see Italy in reverse. He should have been thankful for all the photo ops I provided for him!

The hillsides were covered with vineyards and olive groves, majestic hillside Tuscan Villas. Truly breathtaking! We enjoyed some beautiful Chianti's that day, we took our good ole' time and it was one of my favorite days I had in Italy! VignaMaggio vineyard and Villa is said to be the birthplace of Mona Lisa. The movie Much Ado About Nothing was filmed here in 1993.

Enjoy the Link:http://www.lodgephoto.com/galleries/italy-tuscany/chianti/vignamaggio/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home