Saturday, October 07, 2006

Boboli Gardens...A quiet place for reflection


A spectacular view of the city and a quiet and pretty place to take your time for a walk. There isn't much green space inside of the Roman walls in Florence and the gardens are a welcomed place when you need to see trees, grass and flowers. I visited the gardens many times while I stayed in Florence. Often, you would see little old ladies, walking arm in arm, with a quiet smile on their faces. Lovers sneaking a loving embrace or a passionate kiss. I don't think they (the Italians) care at all about whether someone sees them expressing their affection for another. I thought it was rather sweet and tender. They are expressive people, they are not afraid of their emotions, good or bad. I think I learned a lot about myself on this trip, about my family and felt a real sense of pride. No wonder we have so much beauty in archictecture, painting and sculpture from the Italians. Their feelings come out- one way or another.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. beverly hills unified

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

thanks for sharing your pictures from your trip - I thoroughly enjoyed them. The pictures are very professional and well done.

7:13 AM  
Blogger paul said...

Linda,

I loved this particular blog. I was curious to see if you were still writing, I should have asked you when we had coffee a week or two ago.

I any case, consider yourself tagged with the meme of eight. you can find more details here: http://freeturtles.wordpress.com/2007/06/03/the-meme-of-eight/

and of course you can get in touch if this isn't crystal clear.

--Paul

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home