Saturday, July 22, 2006

Reached Pisa by Train...


This was our illustrious leader Dr. Medicus, my room mate Brittany and myself standing at Campo dei Miracoli, (Field of Miracles). aka. Piazza del Duomo, (Cathedral Saquare). This complex was started in 1064 by Buschetto. Giovanni Pisano's pulpit is an amazing marble structure that shows nine different scenes from the New Testament in high Relief, carved in white marble. The influences of Byzantium are numerous, and add an elegance all their own to this site.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Aliscia,
Our school group always used mass transit, ie..trains, buses, boats and of course our good old legs. I estimate we walked approximately 400 miles by foot! That is some hiking. Thanks for all of the comments they are great feedback. Ciao to Marcello. I love you both! Linda

9:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

oops..I forgot to mention I rented a car and drove to Greve in Chianti and north to Milano. I really liked the whole driving thing, the freedom to come and go as I pleased but I did this after my class came to a close. I stayed two weeks after my program ended to relax and go at my pace and absorb as much as I could. When I go back to Italy I would like to travel south at least to Naples and Pompeii to start.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home