Thursday, August 03, 2006

Venezia..."Serenissima" The Most Serene City


We traveled by fast train to Venice, I am one of those that can't sleep when I travel. Perhaps it is because I think I will miss something. I did enjoy looking at the way the landscape colors changed in each region. The stone of the houses and buildings reflect those color changes because of the soil from which the stone and tiles are made. So each region has its own distinct colors seen in the archictecture. On our way to Venice we passed through countryside that was abundant with poppy fields covered in red and yellow, fields and fields of large sunflowers, dotted here and there are grape vineyards and olive trees. Megan C. and I celebrated our soon to be "first arrival" to Venice, with champagne in the dinning car while everyone else was sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home