Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Home sweet Home in Florence



Via Santa Maria No.3, was the apartment we stayed in while studying in Florence, Italy. This is the outside of our apartment building its just around the corner from Gucci headquarters. It was always a welcomed sight to me after a long day. We walked over some pretty rugged streets and my feet took a beating. It was a place to rest, to wash off the dirt and grime from the day. I always stopped at the market just around the corner for fresh vegetables and fruit before going to the apartment. On certain days they run out of the special things you need in your house...like teepee. Remember many of our days started at 5:30am, and didn't end until late. I signed up for classes from 10-12 everyday..well that never happened. I think we were given some very wrong and misleading information. I suffered with my share of blistered feet, and sore muscles, I should have went through basic training before this trip! It may have slowed me down and it always seemed I was the one in the back of the group but that allowed for extra time to see things that I would have otherwised missed. Santo Spirito neighborhood had many artisan shops where still today they create the crafts that their families made centuries ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home